1. Be authentic. Take your stand in the truth as best you know it today, without hesitation or fear of judgment. Consider eccentricity a reflection of authenticity.
2. Sexual pleasure and desire are our birthright. Allow yourself to have consensual sex often, with whom you’d like and as creatively as you desire.
3. We are all “becoming” and our being is an intimate, creative dance with God. Recognize yourself and others as images of the Divine.
4. Express love and gratitude for beloved teachers who are present in your life and ones who are no longer here in human form. The Universe has helped you find one another.
5. Your heart knows things your mind cannot always explain. Trust in synchronicity.
6. Live a simple lifestyle. Give to your parents, children, neighbors, friends less quantity and more quality, less entertainment and more loving interaction, less overwhelm and more joy.
7. Remember who you are. You are That which knows all experience. Do not seek after what you yearn for; seek the source of the yearning Itself. You are this already.
8. Forget with generosity, those who cannot love you.
9. Have your feelings, all of them in your own way. And allow others to have theirs, without any need to change or manipulate them.
10. Stay curious. Be patient with all that is unknown. Delight in the mystery of formless Love that is ever present and everywhere.
As a member of the Unitarian Universalist church in Westport, CT, I have been attending a class called “Building Your Own Theology”. We were each invited to consider our 10 Commandments or “10 Suggestions” which is more fittingly Unitarian! What an interesting experience…Hope readers will enjoy this and be inspired to consider your top ten!